Monday, June 26, 2006

long time no see

Well, I am in my new flat and back online. Life is grand.

I am loving living on my own again and all of the freedom, quietness and prepared meals that it brings. For my first post in over a week and in celebration of having a place of one's own, I think I will write a list. Today's theme: Things you can do when you've got your own place.

Things you can do when you've got your own place:

1. Get up at noon.

2. Go to bed at noon.

3. Take a bath any time of day or night.

4. Take as many bathes as you like.

5. Walk around in your pants.

6. Walk around without your pants.

7. Take your time flossing and not worry that somebody is waiting for the bathroom.

8. Leave the seat up.

9. Leave the seat down.

10. Pee in the shower. (Not that I do, it's just that you CAN, see.)

11. Come home late.

12. Not come home at all.

There are just an endless number of great things you can do when you are on your own. I can't recommend it enough. If you currently live with somebody else, I suggest that once a year you check yourself into a hotel for a week and do all of the above in differing orders (even the peeing in the shower, at least once) just so that you don't forget who you are as an individual. I met myself again this week for the first time in a long time. He's a bit of a strange guy, but really cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-)

Sounds like an excellent time. As of next week I will sort of be living on my own. Well, I am moving into a virtually empty dorm. It is only virtually empty as there are a few chinese students around. Considering how much they keep to themselves, I am basically living alone. I might try the pants thing to freak them out. L xxx

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

For some people, living with someone IS like living on their own.

Thankfully not in my case.

But I know what you mean about those simple pleasures you list. Sigh. And the pants thing works anyway. In fact can be more fun if someone IS around... just to confuse them. (I assume you mean English pants and not US pants 'cos they're two very different things as it took me some years to work out...)